BMCC Tribeca PAC is a multi-disciplinary and intergenerational presenter in lower Manhattan located on Borough of Manhattan Community College’s campus. BMCC Tribeca PAC exits within a heterogeneous, complex, and multi-layered environment. We are part of a diverse socioeconomic culture that reflects all of New York City. We celebrate and support a harmony of artistic voices, which together represents the most profound expressions of the human race. We also recognize the power of connecting those voices to an audience that is prepared to hear them.In conjunction to our mission, vision and values, BMCC Tribeca PAC subscribes to the following Aesthetic Core:
- The Work of Artists from diverse cultural and artistic perspectives forms the basis of our programming. Artistic excellence and authenticity of expression must be germane in each artist’s approach in the creation of their work, so as to inspire and engage audiences in stimulating discourse on the human condition.
- We are committed to work of artists from diverse cultures within the United States and around the world. Our focus is on the work of artists whose experience are rooted in the cultures of the Americas, and can include African, Caribbean, Latino, and Asian as well as Eurocentric perspective.
- We are interested in the work of artists in all genres and particularly in work that is cross-cultural and interdisciplinary.
- We are interested in preserving artistic heritage born out of traditional cultures of the Americans and that reflect a broad diversity of cultural traditions. We strive to recognize and preserve traditional art forms and the artistic accomplishments of traditional artists that exemplify an authentic core expression of values, beliefs, and ideals.
- We extend and broaden our artistic view by engaging in artistic partnerships with artists and curators in the development of projects and presentations to ensure authenticity and artistic excellence when presenting and producing their work.
- To present and produce professional performance work that exemplifies high standards for artistic excellence.
- To provide educational and humanities programs for our audience surrounding performance events that supplement the artistic experience.
- To promote greater public awareness of our programs through promotional and narrative materials that support all BMCC Tribeca PAC presentations.
- To assure that performances are accessible to persons with disabilities.
- To enliven New York City’s cultural landscape through innovative and artistic performances for the public.
- To reach an ethnically and culturally diverse audience throughout New York City and the greater metropolitan region.
- To engage, educate, and provide children and young people a global window of the world in which they live through the presentation of innovative quality performing arts from around the globe.
The Borough of Manhattan Community College Performing Arts Center first opened its doors in 1983, the Center was renamed the Triplex and in 1993, the name BMCC Tribeca Performing Arts Center was chosen to connect to the surrounding community and identify itself as a downtown performing arts center with a greater metropolitan audience. BMCC Tribeca PAC is a 501 c-3 not-for-profit organization organized under article 4 of the Not-For-Profit Corporation Law of the State of New York (the”Act”) and is a Type B corporation as defined in section 201(b) of Act. Its purposes are:
- To plan, develop and promote cultural and educational activities among the student and faculty of the Borough of Manhattan Community College (the “College”) of the City University of New York and the Greater New York Metropolitan Area.
- To offer musical performances, plays, dance programs, entertainment, shows and displays of the performing and visual arts through the media stage, theater and telecommunication.
- To encourage and promote the creation, development and advancement of the performing and visual arts; and to lawfully do any and all things necessary, suitable and proper for the accomplishment of these purposes.
- To act as an advisory body to officials of the College in matter of principle and policy concerning BMCC Tribeca PAC.
- To have and exercise all lawful powers and to do or perform any lawful act, necessary to affect any or all of the purposes for which BMCC Tribeca PAC is formed.
BMCC Tribeca PAC’s target constituency is the College Community, the local community, Wall Street area, and the greater metropolitan New York Area.
BMCC Tribeca PAC is managed by an Executive Director who is a full-time college employee who also reports to an elected board of directors that serves for a three-year term. Members of the board are elected by the full membership.